Yoga is often the best medicine but like with most workout routines even with yoga a change is a must and on days you skip your classes or are simply bored we’d recommend you turn to rowing and WaterRower Natural Rowing Machine with its S4 monitor and ash wood construct is one of the most pleasing rowers out there.
It can support up to 1000 pounds of users and although this is classified as beginner rowing machine, don’t let this fool you about its efficiency and high performance.
This rowing machine provides you with a very real rowing experience and is definitely worth its slightly high price. Although this equipment does need a few improvements, but its excellent performance more than makes up for it.
Most of the users who have used this machine have loved its lifelike rowing motion and its consistent rowing stroke provided by the water resistance.
This rower has a length of about 83 inches, width around 23 inches and a height close to 20 inches and thus can easily fit into any of your rooms during exercise.
Things you should know
- Its solid ash and stained honey oak build help in the absorption of the sound and vibration making it a very quiet machine to use.
- It has a robust and sturdy built and even fast rowing won’t break the machine as is the case with most wooden rowers.
- This rowing machine uses ‘water flywheel’ to provide a lifelike rowing experience.
- Flywheel placed in a water tank to give a comfortable, smooth, quiet and self-regulated resistance to the users.
- The water tank is comprised of polycarbonates which make it durable and the only maintenance required is to add chlorine tablets to the water tank to clear the water.
- Comes with an easy to assemble steps which don’t take more than 30 minutes to setup.
- It is suitable for users of all heights and can take up to 1000 pounds of weight at a time.
- It can be stored in an upright position which saves a lot of space when not using.
- It comes with an S4 monitor which tracks down your workout intensity, heart rate, stroke rate, duration, distance, etc.
- It also comes with many inbuilt training programs and you can link your monitor to the computer to upload your fitness data and analyze your workout.
- With its ergonomic and padded seat, it is very comfortable to row for hours.
- The handle is comfortable and light and made of aluminum.
- The footrests use nylon straps to strap in the user’s feet and can accommodate all shoe sizes.
What we like
It provides you with an actual rowing experience and provides you a smooth and quiet rowing session.
You can store it in limited space and with its S4 monitor, you can choose any training workout which suits you and then compare your fitness data later on the computer.
It provides you with a very comfortable and efficient experience. Apart from that the 5-year warranty for the frame and 3-year warranty for the parts makes it s secure purchase.
The seat is too low which might be problematic for people with a knee injury. The nylon straps on the footrests feel a little slippery and due to the rough heel rests, it is impossible to row barefoot. The rower is a little heavy which can make moving it into an upright position a little difficult.
Despite its few drawbacks, this rowing machine is still a good investment and ideal for workouts at home. With the water resistance, you will feel like you are rowing an actual rowing boat and it will provide you with well-toned muscles and a fit body in no time.
Despite its minor setbacks, this rowing machine is loved by all of its users and every serious rower should definitely consider buying this model.